Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mid-Sem and Comprehensive Sem 2010 MSSS BITS Pilani

In the last post I had blogged about my first closed book MS WILP. Like i had mentioned I have opted for Software Systems.

The mid sem marks were out. I hadnt performed well in Data Mining, so there were no surprises that I didnt get
enough marks.

Here are the mid-sem marks.


===============================================================================
 SNo.Course No.  Course Title                  EC-1 Regular
                                                (40%) 
 ===============================================================================
 1. CS    ZG623 ADVANCED OPERAT SYSTEMS       14.50 
 2. SS    ZG514 OBJ ORI ANALYSIS & DESIGN     30.00 
 3. BITS  ZC481 COMPUTER NETWORKS             33.00 
 4. IS    ZC415 DATA MINING                   17.50 
 ===============================================================================

I have given my Comprehensive Marks on April 1st and April2nd. Phew. April 2nd was supposed to India vs Sri Lanka WC Finals :)

In the comprehensive exam, Data mining was a flop again. I have not performed well at all. I am little worried if I can get at least a "D" to pass the paper. Else, I have to reappear for Data Mining exam again by paying the complete semester fee after all the 4 sem's get over. This is because the exams will be held only on Saturday and Sunday during the usual Mid-Sem, Comprehensive exam timings. So, there will be no separate slots for us to take up the remaining subjects. 

Hoping to pass in Data Mining. I will update the results once I get my Comprehensive marks.

Note :

I have learnt that its always a nice trick to score well in Mid-Sem exams. Since the Comprehensive exams will be Open book, we might take it very lightly and not prepare well, and end up like I did. So, smash the Mid-Sem papers to atleast get a B overall.

8 comments:

  1. Chandu you are not alone. I'm on 2nd sem and had DM and OS as well. Fared bad in midsem with some 14.5 in DM and 19 in OS. Final sem was horrible. Hope I pass in DM..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks Biswajit for joining the party. The thing was I took the DM, way too casually. I hadnt seen the numericals, and I have not attended any of them. I wrote for 10 or so. Have to see :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I am Applying to BITYS for SS...how difficult are the exams?
    And i wanted to know how many subjects are related to maths and numericals as i am weak in them.
    Kindly ans ASAP please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow passed 2nd Sem. Data Mining just went by the ears. How is ur result Chandu?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Biswajit : Congrats Biswajit. Good to hear on that :) Yes, somehow we cleared Data Mining. I was worried too much on Data Mining :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous: Hello, with respect to applying for SS in BITS. It can be done. Its not all that hard. Exams are not that tough too. Before exams if you can take a week off, and in a month few days of study would fetch you a decent A or B grade. So, I would suggest you to go ahead and opt for SS at BITS.

    Wish you all the best.

    I would appreciate if you do not comment as anonymous. It would be easy to address if you comment as a valid user.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Chandu, I have also joined in MSSS in BITS Pilani. I am able to get all the books for 1st Sem except "Algorithm Design By GoodRich". Can you let me know where I can get this book?.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chandan, This is Ram from Chennai. I'm lil bit worried about my Mid Sem exams scheduled on 3rd & 4th sep, 2011... I didnt prepare anything as of now... Kindly suggest me some tips to clear the exams?

    ReplyDelete